Wet Mountain Ranch
Location: Custer County, Colorado Acreage: 346 +/- Acres Price: $2,050,000 Property Description: Picture perfect high alpine ranch adjoining the San Isabel National Forest on two sides. Superb big game hunting. Complete privacy at the end of the road with locked gate access. Two quaint and modern cabins, steel barn building, several springs, creek, pond, timber and large alpine meadow. Everything you dream about (and more) in a Colorado mountain property!
- Location: Custer County, Colorado
- Acreage: 346 +/- Acres
- Price: $2,050,000
- Property Description: The Wet Mountain Ranch is set in the gorgeous high alpine country just southwest of Wetmore, Colorado. This 346 acre property offers a multitude of recreational activities and complete seclusion. The property lies along the slopes of Rudolph Mountain and adjoins the San Isabel National Forest on its northern and eastern boundaries. This part of the National Forest is inaccessible by the public which offers this ranch its own private use of 1,000’s of acres of additional high alpine country. The land is classic Colorado high alpine country with lush meadows, aspen groves, spruce and pine forest, beautiful wild flowers, a mountain creek, pond, and active springs. The tree cover is diverse and consists of Aspen, Douglas Fir, Spruce, Ponderosa and Bristlecone Pine. There are spectacular mountain and valley views in many locations and several miles of interior roads to access all portions of the ranch. Properties in this area are held in families for generations and rarely come on the market. This property is extremely unique and there are many possibilities here including family legacy ranch, hunting property, horses, ATV use, camping, or building additional cabins. Come see and experience Wet Mountain Ranch…once you are here you will never want to leave!
- Accessibility: Direct access is provided via Hwy 165, a Frontier Pathways National Scenic and Historic Byway route. A 2-mile access road winds it way through scenic timber and meadows and provides maximum privacy and seclusion which is seldom found on mountain ranches. The Ranch is easily accessible from the major Colorado cities without crossing mountain passes. Denver is 2.5 hrs – Colorado Springs – 1.5 hrs and Pueblo – 45 minutes from the Ranch.
- Elevation: 9000-10,300 Ft.
- Three-bedroom, two bath cabin built in 2008 with approximately 1,400 square feet, 80 gallon hot water tank, radiant heat with separate thermostats in each room, wood burning stove, insulated crawl space under first floor, 500 gallon buried propane tank, hot tub, and septic system. Modern kitchen including gas cook top, oven and micro-wave.
- Two-bedroom cabin (including loft) completely renovated in 2005 with approximately 1,000 square feet, 40 gallon hot water tank, baseboard heat with separate thermostats in each room, wood burning stove, 250 gallon propane tank, and septic system. Modern kitchen including gas cook top, oven and micro-wave.
- 1,500 square foot steel building for equipment, tools, and vehicles. 14 x 14 overhead door, fluorescent lighting, fuel storage cabinet with external venting, exhaust van, and air compressor.
- Electrical: Underground system with 300 amps service.
- Water: 15 GPM well serves both cabins.
- Cell Service: Excellent cell and broadband coverage with most carriers.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The land is located in Game Management Unit 84 and shares its northern and eastern boundaries with the San Isabel National Forest. Mule deer, bear, Ptarmigan and turkey are seen regularly in and around the property and elk herds are often seen grazing in the meadows and around the pond during early morning and early evening hours. The terrain, water resources, forage, and protective bedding areas on this ranch combine to create the ideal elk habitat. The Ranch is currently enrolled in the the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game tags each year. Equestrians would love this property as there are old trails running through most of the property offering a scenic area for riding horses.
- Conservation Easement: Wet Mountain Ranch is protected by a conservation easement held by the San Isabel Land Protection Trust. The conservation easement allows for all uses that are normal and customary for mountain ranches and even offers the flexibility to build additional cabins.
- Water Features: The headwaters of the Middle Hardscrabble Creek begin on the property and there are numerous live springs on the land. A large pond is situated on the northeast side of the property offering water resources for large game and turkey.
- Water Rights: The property has a state permitted domestic well which allows an owner the right to use this water for in-house use, watering livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG – Taxes based on 2017 assessments were $1,450 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131 or 719-963-2513