Red Cliffs Ranch
Location: Fremont County, Colorado
Acreage: 276 Acres
Property Description: Exceptional land parcel to develop a small ranch. Large and private yet located on a county maintained road with electricity. Magnificent views in all directions, easy building sites and adjoining 1000’s of acres of remote BLM land.
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 276 Acres
- Price: $325,000
- Property Description: Your opportunity to own a prime Colorado ranch property that is reminiscent of a bygone western era. Historically, the property has been used for family cattle ranching, however, the land sets up well for a small horse ranch, hobby ranch, recreation or retirement. There are many nice building sites to choose from as the land is a combination of rolling hills, meadows, canyons, cliffs and dry creek beds. The land has perimeter fencing on most sides, and a portion of the fencing is new. The property has no covenants or HOA, so many uses are possible including camping, hiking, hunting, shooting, ATV use, or horseback riding. The land fronts along Beaver Creek Road and is minutes away from the Beaver Creek State Wildlife Area which offers big game and turkey hunting, trout stream fishing, and miles of hiking trails. The land adjoins BLM on two sides with towering red rock cliffs and outcroppings. Tree cover is a combination of cedar, pinon, and gambel oak with lovely native grass areas throughout the property. Seasonal creek beds, arroyos, and catch ponds hold water for livestock and game. This property could easily be subdivided by a new owner if desired and the property has a recent perimeter survey.
- Elevation: 5,800 -6,000 Ft.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The property is only a 20 minute drive to Canon City amenities – restaurants, shopping, movies, medical care. The area also offers exceptional recreational opportunities including world class fly-fishing or white water rafting on the Arkansas River, zip lines, bungee jumps and train rides at the Royal Gorge. Take a day trip to Florence, Colorado to enjoy antique shopping which is only 15 minutes away or into Colorado Springs or Pueblo, both under 1 hour from the property. The property is located in Game Management Unit 59 and boasts excellent hunting prospects, especially, with 1,000’s of acres of adjoining BLM land. Unit 59 offers over-the-counter elk licenses for archery season and also 2nd and third rifle seasons. Large mule deer have also been spotted on this ranch. The property will also qualify for enrollment into the LPP Program (Landowner Preference Program).
- Water Rights: Buyer is entitled to drill a domestic well on the property which allows for in-house use, watering of livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land. There is no well on the property but successful water wells have been drilled nearby.
- Mineral Rights: Any minerals owned by Seller will be conveyed to Buyer at Closing.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG Land Zoning. Taxes based on 2019 assessments were $123
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 963-2513