Red Canyon Ranch
Location: Gardner, Colorado Acreage: 280 +/- Acres Price: $550,000 Property Description: Spectacular in every way! This mountain ranch land is tucked up against BLM lands and the Greenhorn Wilderness. Maximum privacy at the end of road and locked gate. This land would make a great family ranch, cabin site, hunting property, horse or recreational ranch. Best views in Southern Colorado!
- Location: Gardner, Colorado
- Deeded Acreage: 280 +/- Acres
- Bordering: BLM and Greenhorn Wilderness
- Price: $550,000
- Property Description: Red Canyon Ranch is a private mountain land holding tucked up against thousands of acres of BLM and Wilderness lands. The beauty of the ranch was evident to the Native Americans who once recognized this area as a spiritual place. Hike around the land and you will understand why, with its hidden canyons, soaring rock walls and sweeping southern Colorado views which include the Spanish Peaks, Sheep Mountain and the Sangre De Cristo Range. Artifacts have been discovered in and around the land and in caves located on the adjoining BLM land. Step back in time as you observe remnants of old stone buildings once used by early homesteaders. An old spring has been developed to supply water year-round to livestock and game. This is a multi-generational land holding which has been owned in the same family for over 50 years and it is the first time it has been offered to the market. The land is a combination of meadow areas and native grasses, colorful cliffs and rock walls, wooded ridges, and canyon areas. The ranch consists of 280 deeded acres which is surrounded on 3 sides by BLM lands which also adjoins the Greenhorn Wilderness. The ranch would be an ideal set-up for a recreational cabin, camping, hunting, ATV use, shooting, horse back riding, hiking, rock climbing, and more. Land holdings of this size that border wilderness areas are rare to find and and this property has no covenants and is not part of an HOA.
- Accessibility: The ranch is located near Gardner, Colorado and only a few miles off of paved State Hwy 69. The Ranch is easily accessible from the major Colorado cities without crossing mountain passes. Denver is 3 hrs – Colorado Springs is 2 hrs – Pueblo is 1.15 hrs from the Ranch.
- Elevation: 7,300 to 7,500 Ft
- Wildlife and Recreation: The ranch is located in Game Management Unit 84 and is accessible during all seasons. With the use of the bordering BLM which also adjoins the San Isabel National Forest and the Greenhorn Wilderness, this property offers access to thousands of acres of remote back country. This area of southeast Colorado is known for producing trophy elk mule deer and animal signs are seen throughout the ranch. The ranch is situated just north of Huerfano River which is an active corridor for big game in the area. Because the property exceeds 160 acres it could be enrolled in the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game vouchers each year. Equestrians, ATV, or off-road enthusiasts would love this property as the property is very usable throughout.
- Water Rights: The land comes with an adjudicated and developed spring which supplies water year-round to the ranch. There are currently no wells on the property. You are entitled to drill a well that can be used for domestic or stock purposes.
- Zoning: AG Zoning
- Broker Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 719-963-2513
All information provided by Rocky Mountain Ranch & Land, LLC, their agents or affiliates in connection with this property was obtained from sources deemed reliable, however, we do not warrant its accuracy, reliability or completeness. Rocky Mountain Ranch & Land, LLC recommends that every item of interest to the purchases (i.e. water and mineral rights, property income, zoning, boundaries, easements, permits, leases, and land use regulations) be independently verified. This sale offering is made subject to errors, omissions, change of price, prior sale or withdrawal without notice.