Phantom Canyon High Country Cabin
Location: Victor, Colorado Acreage: 120 Acres Price: $795,000 Property Description: A rare find in the Colorado high country…nice cabin…mountain stream…spring fed ponds…large acreage…private canyon…adjoining public lands. Located in historic Phantom Canyon area near Victor, Colorado. Private recreational retreat for family, friends, camping, hiking and hunting. Won’t last at this price!
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 120 Acres
- Price: $795,000
- Property Description: Check all the boxes on this one…nice cabin…mountain stream…spring fed ponds…large acreage…private canyon…adjoining public lands. It is rare to get all the bells and whistles in one property but we have it! Enjoy amazing privacy, top-notch hunting, hiking and recreational activities from this one in a lifetime opportunity. Located on the historic Phantom Canyon Road which was part of the Gold Belt Tour over a century ago, you can easily imagine the ore and passenger trains running up and down the canyon between the towns of Canon City and Florence to the Cripple Creek and Victor Mining Districts. The property has meadow areas, timbered hillsides with pine, spruce and aspen trees, and unique rock formations. Eight Mile Creek cascades through the property and is fed by natural springs and snow melt from higher elevations. The land is surrounded on three sides by both BLM and State Trust Lands. Ideal for the recreational and outdoor enthusiast, a family legacy property, hunting retreat, company cabin and much more!
- Elevation: 8,800 feet to 9,200 feet
- Improvements: The custom cabin home was built in 2005 and carefully designed by the owners and offers total privacy. It is completely off-grid and self-sufficient with a large generator system, 1,000 gallon propane tank, and solar panels. The home has 1,733 square feet of heating living area which includes a kitchen, dining area, great room, 2 bedrooms and 1 bath. The great room has floor to ceiling windows opening to a large deck area for family gatherings. The interior is done in rustic knotty pine finish and an efficient pellet stove keeps the entire cabin warm on cool Colorado evenings. As an added bonus, a large unfinished basement provides a great opportunity to add additional bedrooms and bathroom, workshop or storage area.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The property is a recreational haven for many activities. Enjoy hiking, ATV use, camping, hunting, shooting, and more. Elk, mule deer, and turkey are seen regularly in and around the land often grazing in the meadows or near the spring fed ponds. The property is located in GMU 581 which offers OTC licenses for 2nd and 3rd rifle seasons for bull elk. The property adjoins 1,000’s of acres of BLM lands offering expanded opportunities to hunt and explore. The property is in the heart of South Central Colorado and is only a short drive to Skagway Reservoir which offers great fishing opportunities for rainbow and brown trout. Other day trip recreational attractions might include a visit to Victor or Cripple Creek, exploring Phantom Canyon Road, rafting or fly fishing on the Arkansas River or riding the Pikes Peak Cog railway. Colorado Springs is a short 90 minute drive from the property.
- Water Rights: The property has one state permitted domestic well.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural Zoning. Taxes are $676 based on 2017 assessments.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131