North Brush Creek Preserve – High Country Hideaway!
Location: Custer County, Colorado Acreage: 157 Acres Price: $575,000 Property Description: Opportunity to buy Colorado high country at its finest! Land in this area rarely becomes available for sale and is usually held in families for generations. High forest timber, mountain creek, and fantastic views. True trophy game hunting with superb elk habitat. Build your cabin and family legacy here!
- Location: Custer County, Colorado
- Acreage: 157 Acres
- Price: $575,000
- Property Description: Unique opportunity to purchase a piece of Colorado high country with timbered forests and ridges, spectacular views, and a stunning mountain creek! Properties in this area are held by families for generations and rarely become available for sale. The property sits at the base of the San Isabel National Forest and the Sangre De Cristo Wilderness and views of the snow-capped peaks are magnificent. The land is bisected by North Brush Creek which is a clear mountain stream fed by spring snow melt from higher elevations. The property has a gentle slope with a combination of ponderosa pine, spruce and aspen trees and colorful oak brush. There are also mountain meadow areas interspersed throughout the property and many nice ridge line building sites for a future mountain cabin. Westcliffe, Colorado is only a short 30 minute drive from the property and offers food shopping, medical services, and an airport for private planes. Canon City is located about 1 hour from the property and Colorado Springs is under 2 hours.
- Conservation Easement: North Brush Creek Preserve is under a conservation easement with the San Isabel Land Protection Trust insuring the protection of this property for all future generations. The conservation easement allows for a generous 5 acre building envelope which can be selected by the future owner at a location of their choosing. There are many great home sites throughout the property. The easement allows for all normal agricultural, residential, recreational and hunting uses while still protecting the property and its natural resources.
- Timber Management and Mitigation Plan: The current owner has invested over $100,000 to enhance the future beauty of this property through a selective timber management plan. The work included thinning dead trees to promote a healthy forest and new growth and to open up park areas along North Brush Creek. The resulting benefit opened up tremendous mountain views and the park areas will enhance wildlife on the property and create forage for migratory elk herds.
- Elevation: 8,400 Ft.
- Improvements: There are no current building improvements on the property. The property is secluded and secured behind a locked gate and has an underground electric service line which runs through the property which could easily be extended to a new building site. This property would be ideal for a get-away mountain log cabin and for seasonal recreational activities such as horse back riding, ATV use, camping, hiking and fall hunting.
- Wildlife and Recreation: This property provides some of the finest elk habitat you will find in Colorado and the area is known for its trophy bulls. Protected brush and pine forest for bedding areas, mountain meadows for forage and water resources from North Brush Creek attract and hold big game. The National Forest Boundary is only a short distance away and elk move down the valley along North Brush Creek during seasonal migration. The Wet Mountain Valley is bordered on the west by the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range and millions of acres of National Forest and Wilderness areas. The Valley is famous for its lush hay fields, ranching history, incredible mountain views, miles of wilderness hiking trails, and high-mountain lakes for fly-fishing. The Arkansas River, long known for its great fly-fishing and whitewater rafting is only 25 minutes from the property.
- Water Rights: A domestic well could be drilled on the property which would allow an owner the right to use this water for in-house use, watering livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG LAND – Taxes based on 2017 assessments were $70
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131