Lariat Ranch – Creekside & Water Rights!
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Acreage: 27.4 Acres
Property Description: Very unique country estate with beautiful custom home, creek frontage, valuable water irrigation rights, hay meadows, barn and RV storage, corrals, pens, loafing sheds and large roping arena. Many uses possible here including family home, retirement, hobby farm, horse ranch and more!
- Location: Canon City, Colorado
- Acreage: 27.38 Acres
- Price: $1,150,000
- Property Description: Enjoy the best of both worlds at Lariat Ranch! This scenic ranch has a quiet country feel yet it is only minutes to the conveniences, shopping and fun of Canon City, Colorado. The ranch improvements consist of a modern custom ranch home, Cleary horse and hay barn, RV storage building, corrals, large roping arena and more! The property is comprised of level irrigated pasture and beautiful creek bottom along Four Mile Creek, a year-round stream fed by high mountain waters. Old and valuable water rights come with the property to grow hay or use for vegetable or organic farming. Great access off paved road and close to the Highway 50 corridor. The ranch is under 1 hour from Colorado Springs, Colorado. Ideally suited for many uses, including retirement ranch, hobby farm, equestrian and livestock uses, and family property. This is truly a one of a kind property! Additional acreage is available for purchase with this Ranch.
- Elevation: 5,325 feet
- Improvements: The custom one story ranch home was built in 2001 and carefully designed by the owners to maximize the tremendous views to the south and west. It has a large covered front porch which is perfect for relaxing and watching mountain sunsets overlooking the lush hay meadows. The home has an open and spacious floor plan with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, a large living room, enclosed back porch room, large country kitchen, and dining room. The gourmet kitchen includes upgraded features such as Crestwood inset alder wood cabinets, under mount farm sink, Sub-Zero refrigerator and in-floor radiant heating. The back yard has numerous fruit trees and an enclosed flower garden gazebo which is perfect for growing flowers, herbs and vegetables. Outbuildings on this property include a Cleary Barn with hay storage, 5 horse stalls and tack room. Additionally, there is a 24 x 50 RV storage building with 12 foot high doors, numerous outdoor corrals, loafing sheds, and a 160 X 300 roping arena. All of these facilities are surrounded by sturdy and protective pipe fencing.
- Water Rights and Hay Production: The ranch is being sold with excellent senior water rights including Wafford Ditch rights and shares of the Grand View Irrigation Company. These rights offer an abundance of water to use on the ranch and the property is irrigated through a gated pipe system. More detailed information on the water rights, hay production, and the irrigation system is available to qualified buyers.
- Surrounding Area and Recreation: Canon City is surrounded by an abundance of breathtaking scenery, natural wonders, thrilling activities and exciting attractions. Canon City is known as the “Climate Capital of Colorado” offering a very sunny and temperate climate on a year-round basis. The local landscape ranges from semi-arid plains to the east to the majestic peaks and mountain meadows of the Rocky Mountains to the north, south and west. Canon City’s downtown area is listed on the National Historical Register for its abundance of turn-of-the-century architecture. Submerge yourself in the ambiance of another era, as you enjoy local dining, boutiques, music, and art galleries. Area attractions include the Canon City Riverwalk, Whitewater Park, Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, Holy Cross Abbey, Four Mile Ranch Golf Club and Shelf Road Recreation area. World class whitewater rafting, fly fishing, hiking, biking, camping and rock climbing are within minutes to this property. The ranch is in the heart of South Central Colorado. Day trip recreational attractions might include a visit to Cripple Creek or Salida, rafting or fly fishing on the Arkansas River or riding the Pikes Peak Cog or Royal Gorge Railroads. The slopes of Monarch Mountain are an easy drive for skiing in the winter time.
- Zoning and Taxes: RL (Rural Living) Zoning. Taxes are $4,571 based on 2017 assessments.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131