Huerfano Canyon Ranch
Location: Huerfano County, Colorado Acreage: 6,080 +/- Acres Price: $4,500,000 Property Description: Amazing ranch holding in Southern Colorado with plenty of character. Adjoining additional BLM and State Trust lands, this ranch offers prominent mesa land, unique rock formations, wooded ridge lines, secluded valleys, and native prairie. Magnificent views of the entire southern mountains. Three bedroom home, nice barn, complete water system with piping and tanks accent the the ranch. Hunt, ATV, ride horses, run cattle… many uses could be imagined!
- Location: Huerfano County, Colorado
- Deeded Acreage: 6,080 +/- Acres
- Price: $4,500,000
- Property Description: The Huerfano Canyon Ranch represents a unique opportunity to own a ranch in Southern Colorado which is reminiscent of the large ranches of the old west. It has been operated as a working cattle ranch for generations, but also offers excellent hunting, horseback riding, and other recreational opportunities. It is easily accessible to the Front Range cities of Denver, Colorado Springs and Pueblo, Colorado. The ranch offers diverse geographic characteristics including wooded ridges, hidden valleys, mesa land, rock formations, springs, small canyons, seasonal creek beds, and prairie lands. On its northern end the ranch has frontage along the Huerfano River and Canyon. Views of the southern mountain ranges are stunning and include the Spanish Peaks, the Sangre De Cristo Range, Greenhorn Mountain and Pikes Peak. The high point of this ranch known as Turkey Ridge is one of the most prominent mesa formations in Southern Colorado. Tree cover includes pinon, cedar, juniper and oak brush. This ranch directly adjoins 760 acres of BLM Land and 920 Acres of State Land. This property is extremely unique and there are many possibilities here including a family legacy ranch, hunting ranch, corporate retreat, cattle ranch, or horse property.
- Accessibility: The ranch is located approximately 18 miles northeast of Walsenburg, Colorado. The ranch is accessed via a gravel county maintained road and boasts end of the road, locked gate privacy. The Ranch is easily accessible from the major Colorado cities without crossing mountain passes. Denver is 3 hrs – Colorado Springs is 2 hrs – Pueblo is 1 hr and Walsenburg is 25 minutes from the Ranch.
- Elevation: 5600-6100 Ft.
- Improvements: Three-bedroom, two bath modular ranch home built in 1996 with approximately 2,000 square feet of living space and two car attached garage. 40 x 50 Cleary built barn with attached 12 x 50 pole shed and corrals. The improvements could be upgraded or expanded to suit a new owners needs or serve as a residence for a ranch manager. The ranch includes a productive well which feeds the home and extensive pipeline system servicing livestock tanks throughout the property. The ranch is fenced and cross fenced.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The ranch is located in Game Management Unit 128 which is a Plains Unit. With the added use of the adjoining 1,680 acres of BLM and State land, this ranch offers some great hunting opportunities. These lands are inaccessible by the general public without permission. Unit 128 offers a month long OTC season for bull elk from mid-October to mid-November. Because the current owners are not hunters, the ranch has been sparsely hunted over the last 20 years and boasts a healthy big game population. The ranch is situated along the eastern edge of the Huerfano River basin which is an active big game corridor in the area. The terrain, water resources, forage, and protective bedding areas on this ranch combine to create the ideal habitat for elk, mule deer, antelope and bear. The ranch could easily be enrolled in the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game tags each year. Equestrians, ATV, or off-road enthusiasts would love this property as there are miles of old roads and trails running through most of the ranch.
- Water Rights: The property has a state permitted domestic well which allows an owner the right to use this water for in-house use, watering livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG – Taxes based on 2017 assessments were approximately $2,500 per year.
- Broker Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 719-963-2513