Hogback Ridge Ranch
Location: Walsenburg, Colorado
Acreage: 160 Acres
Property Description: Exceptional foothills ranch property with year-round access and only 10 minutes west of Walsenburg, Colorado. This land has stunning 360 degree views of the surrounding mountain ranges! Spacioius property with wooded and meadow areas, ridges, and many rock formations. Close to Lathrop State Park and Spanish Peaks Regional Hospital.
- Location: Walsenburg, Colorado
- Acreage: 160 Acres
- Price: $175,000
- Property Description: One of a kind property with year-round access and only 10 minutes west of Walsenburg, Colorado. The property has electric along the boundary and is ready to go for building a seasonal cabin or permanent home. The property has no covenants or HOA, so many uses are possible including camping, hiking, hunting, shooting, ATV use, livestock or horses. The land is gently rolling with a nice combination of older growth pinon and cedar trees. There are lovely grassland areas on a gentle south facing slope.The Walsen Ridge, or Hogback, which runs through the property, is a unique rock dike which was formed during volcanic activity in the Eocene and Oligocene periods. Views from atop this ridge are incredible and include the Spanish Peaks, the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range, Mount Maestas, Silver Mountain, and Greenhorn Mountain. You can also see the lakes at Lathrop State Park. The property has access from State Highway 160 and is only minutes to the Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center and the Town of Walsenburg.
- Elevation: 6,600 -6,700 Ft.
- Improvements: The land does not currently have any building improvements. Electricity is at the border to the property and there are numerous great building sites. Buyer could extend electricity or build off-grid and utilize solar energy systems. The property is partially fenced. There is an old trail road offering access to most parts of the property.
- Wildlife and Recreation: This property is right down the road from Lathrop State Park, which is Colorado’s first state park. The park covers 1,600 acres of land and has two reservoirs (Horseshoe and Martin), covering 320 surface-acres for boating, camping and fishing. The water bodies are filled from the Cucharas River, which flows from the nearby mountains through the foothills and mesas of the area. Many anglers are attracted by the warm-water fishing opportunities, which include northern pike, walleye, wiper, large mouth bass, black crappie, bluegill, perch, and channel catfish. For those seeking a bigger challenge, Horseshoe is home to the tiger muskie, making the area an ever popular fishing destination. The cold-water species, rainbow, cutthroat and brown trout, are also present, but only rainbow are currently stocked. Lathrop State Park is also the only state park that includes a 9 hole golf course. The property is located in GMU 85. There are ample opportunities to hunt on or near the property with plentiful elk, mule deer and antelope populations. Millions of acres of National Forest and BLM public lands are also within minutes of the property. Because of its size, the property does qualify for registration in the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game tags each year.
- Water Rights: Buyer is entitled to drill a domestic well on the property which allows for in-house use, watering of livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG Zoning – Taxes are $37 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131