Fritz Family Ranch – Adjoins National Forest!
Location: Fremont County, Colorado
Acreage: 430 +/- Acres
Property Description: Private and secluded ranch tucked up against the San Isabel National Forest. This property has been owned in the same family since the early 1960’s and would be suitable for many purposes including a private family ranch, hunting, camping, ATV use, horseback riding or a combination of uses.
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 430 +/- Acres
- Price: $650,000
- Property Description: Rare opportunity to purchase a private and secluded 430 acre ranch and recreational property with year-round access, tucked up against the San Isabel National Forest. This property has been owned in the same family since the early 1960’s and this is the first time it has been available to the market. The property has frontage on a county road with electric and telephone services. The land is a combination of rolling wooded hills and ridges bisected by lush park like meadows and oak brush. Tree cover consist of large cedars, pinon and ponderosa pine. The ranch has sweeping panoramic views in every direction which include the Wet Mountain Range and Pikes Peak. There are multiple ridge top areas that would be ideal for a new home or cabin. This property is a truly unique offering and would be suitable for many purposes including a private family ranch, hunting lodge, camping, ATV use, horseback riding or a combination of uses. The property has run about 20 head of cattle for grazing during the summer months in the past.
- Elevation: 6,300 -6,500 Ft.
- Improvements: The property is being sold with a vintage 1951 Columbia camper trailer. The trailer is 23 feet in length and in remarkably good shape for its age. It features interior wood paneling throughout, original appliances and a propane heater. The camper could easily be restored to give the hunter or recreational enthusiast a great start to begin enjoying the property. Electricity and telephone service are on the county road which services the property.
- Wildlife and Recreation: This property is a hunter’s dream! The ranch is located in GMU 69 and and is premium habitat for elk, mule deer, bear and turkey and has not been hunted for many years. Bordered by large ranches and also the San Isabel National Forest for protection, this property has forage, cover and water resources that attract and hold big game. Thick wooded areas and oak brush provide bedding areas for elk and deer and several live water springs provide plenty of water. Because this property is over 160 acres in size, it will qualify for the Landowner Preference Program to apply for additional game tags each year.
- Water Rights: Buyer is entitled to drill a domestic well on the property which allows for in-house use, watering of livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land. There are several active springs on the property which provide water for livestock and wildlife.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG zoning. Taxes based on 2017 assessments are $146.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131 or 719-963-2513