Cummings Canyon Recreational Land
Location: Las Animas County, Colorado
Acreage: 160 Acres
Property Description: Very nice 160 acre recreational land parcel with year-round access and only 15 minutes north of Trinidad, Colorado. This property has a nice access road and electricity is already in place. Discover scenic meadows rising up to unique and colorful canyon walls. Great building sites for a new cabin. Loaded with wild game!
- Location: Las Animas County, Colorado
- Acreage: 160 Acres
- Price: $160,000
- Property Description: Very nice and usable 160 acre recreational land parcel with year-round access and only 15 minutes north of Trinidad, Colorado. The property has electric on-site and is ready to go for building. The property has no covenants or HOA, so many uses are possible including camping, hiking, hunting, shooting, ATV use, or horseback riding. The land sits in a scenic canyon with colorful towering rock walls and outcroppings. It has a nice combination of pinon, juniper, cedar and gambel oak with lovely meadows in the canyon bottom. Seasonal creek beds and arroyos catch and hold water to attract game. The property is secluded and private at the end of the road, yet only a short drive to I-25 and Trinidad for food shopping and other services.
- Elevation: 6,400 -6,600 Ft.
- Improvements: The property does not currently have any building improvements. Electricity is on-site and there are many great building sites overlooking the canyon walls.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The land is located in Game Management Unit 85 and this area is known for its large elk population. Large bulls are regularly harvested in this unit making it one of the top game units areas in Colorado for elk. The property is loaded with elk and deer sign showing animals moving up and down the canyon floor. The ranch offers protection and water resources to attract and hold big game. Rain water and spring snow melt flows down and through the property and natural rock cisterns catch and hold water. The property also offers excellent opportunities for mule deer and also bear. This ranch also has outstanding habitat for turkey and many have been spotted throughout the property. Because of its size, the property does qualify for registration in the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game tags each year. There is a good trail road offering access to most parts of the property.
- Water Rights: Buyer is entitled to drill a domestic well on the property which allows for in-house use, watering of livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land. There is an old well and windmill that is presently non-operational on the property.
- Mineral Rights: Any minerals owned by Seller will be conveyed to Buyer at Closing.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG – Vacant Land Zoning. Taxes are $45 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131