SOLD – Cross Five Ranch – 1,100 Acres – Bent County, Colorado
Location: Las Animas, Colorado
Acreage: 1,100 +/- Acres
Property Description: The Cross Five Ranch offers a unique combination of irrigated acreage, sub-irrigated pasture and river bottom land along the scenic Arkansas River. Rarely do you find a ranch of this size with both agricultural income opportunity and premier hunting habitat!
- Location: Las Animas, Colorado
- Acreage: 1,100 +/- Acres
- Price: $1,295,000
- Property Description: The Cross Five Ranch offers a unique combination of irrigated acreage, sub-irrigated pasture and river bottom land along the scenic Arkansas River. Rarely do you find a ranch of this size with both agricultural income opportunity and premier hunting habitat. Several year round creeks bisect the property offering water for livestock and habitat for wildlife and the property is fenced and cross fenced. The ranch is situated on State Road 194 and is only 10 minutes to Las Animas, Colorado and 20 minutes to La Junta, Colorado which has an airport capable of supporting private jets. The Cross Five Ranch also has a historical place in Colorado history. The Santa Fe Trail ran through the property on its way to Old Bent’s Fort and was a significant trade route for Native Americans and settlers in the 1800’s.
- Elevation: 3,925 Ft.
- Improvements: The ranch headquarters consists of two residential buildings, garage, office, workshop and outbuildings. The ranch style homes were built in 1908 and 1996 and have had updates and additions. They are both approximately 1,300 square feet. Upgrades could be made to accommodate the buyer’s needs for ranch and residential use, hunting groups, or an on-site caretaker. The ranch also includes a 40 x 80 barn for equipment and hay storage and various sheds and grain bin.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The ranch boasts approximately two miles of Arkansas River frontage and bottom lands with abundant hunting opportunities for trophy white tail deer. The ranch is located in the Plains Hunting Unit GMU 125 and is eligible for landowner preference permits. The ranch is also home to a diverse upland bird and waterfowl population including pheasant, dove, turkey, duck and goose. A road network throughout the ranch lends itself to the further enhancement of wildlife by planting food plots, or construction of tree stands and duck blinds along the River. Dawn Pond State Wildlife Area encompasses the northern tip of this property with a 25 acre pond offering warm water fishing and waterfowl hunting opportunities. Cross Five Ranch is surrounded by Colorado State Wildlife Areas including John Martin Reservoir which is 10 miles away and offers additional fishing, boating and hunting.
- Water Rights: 3 augmented irrigation wells and additional ditch rights currently irrigate 180 acres of land on the Cross Five Ranch. 1 domestic well serves the residential dwellings. Additional information on the well permits and water rights is available upon request.
- Mineral Rights: Any rights owned by seller will be conveyed to buyer at closing.
- Income: The Cross Five Ranch has approximately 180 acres under irrigation producing an average of 500 tons of alfalfa per season. The ranch has produced as much as 800 tons in a season. The balance of the land is in sub-irrigated pasture and river bottom lands and the current owner maintains about 75 cow/calf pairs on the property, however, normal carrying capacity is between 125 to 150 cow/calf pairs dependent on management practices and seasonal conditions. The property has consistently been leased for hunting which provides additional income to the current owners.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural Zoning. Taxes are approximately $4,000 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131