Cottage Rock Ranch – Creek and BLM
Location: Canon City, Colorado
Acreage: 102.15 Acres
Property Description: This unique farm, ranch, and recreational property offers a “Land to Table” lifestyle! Pastoral meadow with ditch irrigation rights, 3000+ ac adjoining BLM grazing lease & Fourmile Creek frontage! No HOA or Covenants. Just north of Canon City, Colorado with paved road, electric and telephone right to the property!
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 102.15 Acres
- Price: $499,000
- Property Description: Cottage Rock Ranch offers a unique opportunity to live, own, and work a farm/ranch property! A 35+/- acre portion of the acreage is a pastoral meadow watered by the irrigation rights on the Garden Park ditch which convey with the Ranch. The ranch property has BLM grazing rights on 3,295+/- acres of adjoining BLM land on the west side of the ranch. These bordering BLM Lands are also excellent hunting grounds for big & small game such as deer, bear, elk, turkey and rabbit. Year-round water for livestock, as well as area wildlife, and fresh trout can be found in the 2,600+/- feet of Fourmile Creek which traverses the Ranch. Towering cottonwood trees hug the shoreline of the creek. Enjoy the comforting sound of babbling waters, rustling leaves and the canopy of shade during the heat of the summer months. Cottage Rock, an immense colorful red and white rock butte, watches over the meadow and the hunting/grazing land. Imagine your future home with this dramatic backdrop and a peaceful, gentle meadow in your front yard. Electric & phone are along the paved county road, aka Gold Belt National Back Country Byway, which provides access to the Ranch and is the east boundary line. There are no covenants or HOA on the ranch. When you are ready to take a break from your ranch/farm work, there are multitudes of activities to choose from. For those with in interest in dinosaurs, the Garden Park area is one of the premier paleontology localities in United States with the Garden Park and the Cleveland & Marsh Quarries just minutes away. For the active adventurer, Red Rock Canyon (Rock Climbing & Repelling), Arkansas River (Fly Fishing, White Water Rafting) & the Royal Gorge are nearby. Owned by the same family for two generations, this is the first time Cottage Rock Ranch has been offered in over 70+ years. Don’t miss your chance to make Cottage Rock Ranch a legacy property for you and yours!
- Elevation: 5,940 to 6200 Ft.
- Improvements: No building improvements
- Wildlife and Recreation: The land is located in Game Management Unit 581 and directly adjoins 3,295 acres of BLM lands. There is abundant game sign and trails on the property especially moving through the Fourmile Creek drainage. The ranch offers protective areas and water resources to attract and hold big game and offers excellent habitat for turkey. Fish out your back door for brook trout as you hike your own private creek frontage. Equestrians would love this property as there is plenty of room to ride and explore.
- Water Rights: The property comes with valuable irrigation water rights from the Garden Park Ditch and additional water rights are available for purchase if desired.
- Zoning and Taxes: A-1 Agricultural – Taxes based on 2017 estimates are $30.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131