Condor Ranch - Walsenburg, CO
Location: Walsenburg, Colorado Acreage: 1,470 +/- Acres Price: $725,000 Property Description: Amazing ranch land in southern Colorado with old west character. Bordering BLM land and the Greenhorn Wilderness, this ranch is your blank canvas for creating a family ranch, hunting property, horse or recreational ranch. County road access, electricity, unfinished building shell, and incredible views.
- Location: Walsenburg, Colorado
- Deeded Acreage: 550 +/- Acres
- BLM Grazing Allotment: 920 +/-Acres
- Price: $725,000
- Property Description: The Condor Ranch offers a unique opportunity to create a legacy property in southern Colorado with unlimited possibilities. The ranch consists of 550 deeded acres and 920 acres of designated BLM Grazing Allotment. The ranch would be an ideal set-up for a small cattle or horse property with prime big game hunting. Land holdings of this size and nature are becoming harder and harder to find. The ranch offers diverse geographic characteristics including native grasslands which rise into wooded hills and ridges. Hike into the property and the adjoining BLM and you will find hidden canyons, rock formations and cliffs that are truly magnificent. This ranch directly adjoins BLM, National Forest and Wilderness lands. With limited public access to these lands, the ranch has virtually private access and use of 1,000’s of acres of breathtaking remote back country.
- Accessibility: The ranch is located approximately 18 miles northwest of Walsenburg, Colorado and only a few miles off of paved State Hwy 69. The Ranch is easily accessible from the major Colorado cities without crossing mountain passes. Denver is 3 hrs – Colorado Springs is 2 hrs – Pueblo is 1 hr and Walsenburg is 25 minutes from the Ranch.
- Elevation: 6400 – 6800 Ft.
- Improvements: The property has an unfinished building shell which is approximately 1,500 sq. ft. and is all enclosed. The building will need a new roof and siding, but does have a concrete pad floor. This building is designed for a 900 sq. ft. living space and 600 sq. ft. two car garage and partial electrical wiring has been done. For the handy person, this is an ideal opportunity to complete a living space and garage area for storage of vehicles, ATV’s or equipment. There is also electricity at this location and the owners have used it to hook into their camper trailer while visiting the property.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The ranch is located in Game Management Unit 84 and is accessible during all seasons. With the use of the bordering 920 acres of BLM which also adjoins the San Isabel National Forest and the Greenhorn Wilderness, this property offers access to thousands of acres of remote back country. This area of southeast Colorado is known for producing trophy mule deer and elk and many have been seen throughout the ranch. Pronghorn and bear hunting is some of the best you will find in Colorado. The ranch is situated just north of Huerfano River which is an active corridor for big game in the area. The ranch could easily be enrolled in the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game vouchers each year. Equestrians, ATV, or off-road enthusiasts would love this property as there are miles of old roads and trails running through most of the ranch.
- Water Rights: There are currently no wells on the property. You are entitled to drill a well that can be used for domestic or stock purposes.
- Zoning: AG Zoning
- Broker Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 719-963-2513