Wild Horse Rock Ranch
Location: Fremont County, Colorado
Acreage: 218 Acres
Property Description: Saddle up and ride the hills and valleys of this central Colorado ranch. Turn-key horse or small cattle ranch with plenty of room to explore. This property has a modern and energy efficient off-grid home with 3,100 square feet of living space. The home sits on a prominent ridge with incredible views of the Sangre De Cristo Range. Additional improvements include two large Cleary barns, corrals, hay shed, live water spring and more!
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 218 Acres
- Price: $925,000
- Property Description: Attention all cowboys and cowgirls! Wild Horse Rock Ranch offers large and usable acreage and the opportunity to experience a Colorado off-grid lifestyle. The property is situated 26 miles northwest of Canon City, Colorado and consists of rolling hills, ridges, wooded draws, brush areas, unique rock formations, and open meadows. Enjoy magnificent views of the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range and Cap Rock, a local geological formation. This property was once part of the 40,000 acre Nash Ranch and the historic corrals have been restored by the current owner. The modern home offers an open concept floor plan and sits on a top of a prominent ridge line. Enjoy the spacious patio areas, perfect for outdoor entertaining, BBQ’s, or admiring the sunsets on the mountains. It is not often you can find a nice sized ranch property with so many possible uses. Family ranch, horses, cattle, recreational uses, retirement, second-home…so many options here!
- Elevation: 8,500 Ft.
- Improvements: The ranch has numerous improvements including an energy efficient home built in 2006 with 3,100 square feet of finished living space and extensive patio areas on two levels. Views from the home are impressive and sweeping in all directions. The high efficiency solar system provides reliable and consistent electricity and the current owners live year-round on the property. The exterior of the home features low maintenance cultured stone with metal soffits and fascia. Interior home highlights include 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, cathedral ceilings, large great room, and 3 direct vent fireplaces. All windows are triple pane Pella with integral blinds and roll-up screens. There is a propane fired boiler for domestic hot water and an in-floor heating system. There is an attached oversize garage and detached 20′ x 32′ garage for storage of additional vehicles or ATV’s. There are two Cleary barns on the ranch, a goat barn/storage shed, and a large hay shed and corrals.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The is a private and secluded ranch, yet an easy drive to Canon City, Cripple Creek, Colorado Springs and Denver. Enjoy gold medal trout fishing and world class rafting on the Arkansas River which is only 30 minutes from the property and Breckenridge or Monarch Mountain are an easy drive for winter skiing. The property is located in GMU 581 and would qualify for the Landowner Preference Program. Mule deer are abundant on the property with seasonal migrating elk and also pronghorn. The ranch is a haven for family recreational activities including horse back riding, ATV use, hiking, exploring for arrowheads, camping or just relaxing.
- Subdivision: This property could easily be divided into several parcels if desired by a future owner.
- Water Rights: The ranch has a state permitted well.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural zoning. Taxes based on 2017 assessments are $2,725 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131