Colorado Guest Ranch – Adjoins State/BLM Lands!
Location: Fremont County, Colorado
Acreage: 3,900 +/- Acres
Property Description: This scenic ranch encompasses 160 acres of deeded land with two homes, 3 wells, pond, creek, barn, and corrals. The ranch also consists of 3,100 acres of leased State of Colorado land and 650 acres of leased BLM land. Badger Creek flows through the ranch and offers water for livestock and wildlife and natural irrigation for surrounding meadows.
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 3,900 +/- Acres
- Price: $995,000
- Property Description: The Colorado Guest Ranch encompasses 3,900+/- acres of magnificent Colorado high country terrain. There are 160 acres of deeded land with two homes, 3 wells, pond, creek, barn, and corrals. The ranch also consists of 3,100 acres of leased State of Colorado lands* and 650 acres of leased BLM lands. Badger Creek flows through the ranch and offers water for livestock and wildlife and natural irrigation for surrounding meadows. The ranch rises from the creek basin into the sweeping hillsides, draws, and ridges of the central Colorado high country. Experience magnificent views in all directions including the Sangre De Cristo Mountain Range and the Collegiate Peaks. The ranch improvements sit in a lovely creek basin surrounded by unique rock formations and cliffs. The property has been used as a cattle ranch and recreational guest ranch but would be ideal for a family cabin, hunting lodge, outfitting business, corporate retreat, or recreational home. The ranch and surrounding area is rich in Native American history, early mining exploration, and homesteading. The property is located about 45 miles northwest of Canon City, CO and 29 miles south of Hartsel, CO. Rarely does such a unique property come on the market and the possibilities are endless!
- Elevation: 9,000 Ft.
- Improvements: The Colorado Guest Ranch consists of a log sided main home which is cozy and comfortable and has all the modern conveniences. The home has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and is approximately 2,000 square feet. The ranch has an additional guesthouse/bunkhouse which is approximately 1,500 square feet with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. In addition, there is a 1,500 sq ft barn/workshop for horses or storage of tractors or recreational vehicles.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The Colorado Guest Ranch is completely surrounded by public lands, offering thousands of acres of big game hunting and back country exploration. Herds of trophy elk, mule deer and antelope roam the valleys and timbered hillsides throughout this property. The ranch is located in Game Management Units 57 & 58 and qualifies for Landowner Preference tags. Horseback riding, ATV use, back country camping, hunting and fishing in nearby creeks are only a few of the additional recreational possibilities. Enjoy exceptional fishing and boating opportunities in the nearby South Platte River, Arkansas River, Spinney Mountain and Eleven Mile Reservoirs.
- Water Rights: 3 permitted domestic wells service the ranch headquarters and there are senior water rights on Badger Creek which meanders by the ranch headquarters. All well and water rights will be conveyed to buyer at closing.
- Mineral Rights: Any rights owned by seller will be conveyed to buyer at closing.
- Income: The ranch will support 100+ cow/calf pairs during summer pasture from spring through fall and has been a successful guest ranch operation for many years. The ranch holds both grazing and recreational rights on the adjoining leased lands.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural Zoning. Taxes are approximately $1,000 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131