Binckley Gulch Hideout – SOLD
Location: Fremont County, Colorado Acreage: 299 Acres Price: $595,000 Property Description: Special and unique canyon property with mountain views, meadows, timbered ridges, rock outcroppings and natural live springs. Already improved with a 2,400 square foot barn and utility building, water well, and electric service. This property is a completely private canyon with abundant game such as elk, deer, bear and turkey. Build new cabin, camp, ATV, hunt, shoot and more. No HOA or covenants.
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 299 Acres
- Price: $595,000
- Property Description: Own your own private canyon hideout in the Colorado mountains! Step back in time to the days of outlaws and gold miners and explore almost 300 acres of hidden canyon land with thickly wooded hillsides, mountain meadows, live water springs and more! The land sits in a scenic and secluded canyon with steep rock walls and outcroppings. It has a nice combination of ponderosa, aspen, pinon, cedar, and gambel oak trees. Binckley Gulch traverses through the property and natural water springs surface in many locations. There are also several seasonal pond areas that will catch and hold water during spring and summer rains. The property has no covenants or HOA, so many uses are possible including camping, hiking, hunting, shooting, ATV use, or horseback riding. There are many ideal spots to build a new home or cabin. The property has excellent access of two county roads and is minutes away from the popular Royal Gorge attractions and fly fishing and river rafting on the Arkansas River. Canon City, CO is only 30 minutes away and Colorado Springs is under 90 minutes to the property.
- Elevation: 8,200 Ft.
- Improvements: The property has been substantially improved with a solid 2,400 square foot barn and utility building with a concrete floor foundation. The structure is wired and partially plumbed and includes a modest living area with a kitchen and bathroom area for weekend visits. It also has a convenient workshop area. The building currently has a large propane heater and electric baseboard heat. The building also has two oversized roll up doors for easy drive through and storage of vehicles, tractors, campers, or ATV’s. Very productive well, septic system, and electric service are already in place.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The land is located in Game Management Unit 581 and adjoins BLM lands on the southwest corner with thousands of BLM acres in the immediate area. There is abundant game sign and trails on the property especially moving through the Binckley Gulch drainage. Elk, mule deer, bear and turkey are seen regularly in and around the property. The ranch offers protective areas and water resources to attract and hold big game. Because of its size, the property qualifies for registration in the Landowner Preference Program (LPP) allowing for the potential to obtain additional game tags each year. Equestrians would love this property as there is old jeep trail running through most of the property offering a scenic area for riding horses.
- Water Rights: The property has a state permitted domestic well which allows an owner the right to use this water for in-house use, watering livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG – Taxes based on 2017 assessments were $781
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131
All information provided by Rocky Mountain Ranch & Land, LLC, their agents or affiliates in connection with this property was obtained from sources deemed reliable, however, we do not warrant its accuracy, reliability or completeness. Rocky Mountain Ranch & Land, LLC recommends that every item of interest to the purchases (i.e. water and mineral rights, property income, zoning, boundaries, easements, permits, leases, and land use regulations) be independently verified. This sale offering is made subject to errors, omissions, change of price, prior sale or withdrawal without notice.