Arkansas River Farm & Orchard
Location: Fowler, Colorado
Acreage: 122 +/- Acres
Property Description: This riverfront paradise has been operated for many years as a working family farm and fruit orchard. It offers a combination of irrigated and sub-irrigated lands along the Arkansas River. Large country home, livestock working facilities, valuable water rights, big game, upland bird & waterfowl hunting and much more!
- Location: Fowler, Colorado
- Acreage: 122 +/- Acres
- Price: $599,000
- Property Description: Very special, one of a kind property now being offered along the Arkansas River! This property has been operated for many years as a small farm and producing orchard. It offers a unique combination of irrigated pasture, sub-irrigated pasture, river bottom lands, and a large orchard with a variety of fruit trees. The property is fenced and cross fenced and is conveniently situated just off Highway 50 and only minutes to the town of Fowler, Colorado. In addition, the property is only 30 minutes east of Pueblo, Colorado and an easy drive to Colorado Springs and Denver. This incredible property could be used as a small working ranch or farm, recreational or retirement property, horse ranch, hunting and sporting club, or a combination of uses.
- Elevation: 4,360 Ft.
- Improvements: The farm features a spacious 3 bedroom, 3 bath home with a large country kitchen and eating area. The home has beautiful views looking over the river bottom and is surrounded by mature shade trees and a nice pond. The farm includes a 4 stall garage and workshop building. In addition, recent improvements include an extensive pipe corral and holding pen area for working and feeding livestock. These improvements including multiple sheds, calving area, and feeding troughs.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The property has Arkansas River frontage and bottom lands with abundant hunting and recreational opportunities. Elk and deer, especially white tail, are seen regularly on the property. The river bottom area provides good cover and water resources for game bird activity, especially turkey, pheasant, and dove. Waterfowl hunting is tremendous for ducks and geese and there is a perfect area to set-up blinds along the river. The ranch could easily be used for equestrian purposes using existing facilities with plenty of room to ride and explore.
- Water Rights: The farm includes strong water rights including 5 shares of Oxford Ditch irrigation water and (1) irrigation well with membership rights in the Arkansas Groundwater Users Association (AGUA). The water rights alone distinguish this property from any other small ranch or farm along the Arkansas River. The water is delivered through a ditch and pipe system. A domestic well serves the home and also is used to water livestock. Further information on water rights and well permits is available upon request.
- Mineral Rights: Any rights owned by seller will be conveyed to buyer at closing.
- Income: The farm is owner rated for 30 cow/calf pair sustained on a year-round basis and boasts ample and lush grasses, alfalfa and hay production. A portion of the land is under irrigation and the balance is sub-irrigated land or river bottom land which provides for excellent grazing. This farm also has a mature and producing fruit orchard. The orchard boast hundreds of fruit trees, including many apple varieties and also cherry, peach, pear and apricot trees. The orchard is fully irrigated and has been operated as a “pick your own” orchard for many years providing a supplemental source of income.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural zoning. Taxes based on 2015 assessments are $3,050 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131