Apache Creek Preserve
Location: Huerfano County, Colorado Acreage: 175 Acres Price: $199,000 Property Description: Rural and scenic creek front land in Southern Colorado. Ideal for small cattle or horse property. Magnificent views of the surrounding snow-capped mountains. Easy access from a county road with electricity. Nice gravel roads throughout the property. Build your home and barn here and future ranch legacy!
- Location: Huerfano County, Colorado
- Deeded Acreage: 175 Acres
- Price: $199,000
- Property Description: Apache Creek Preserve offers an opportunity to purchase 175 acres with a rare live water creek in southern Colorado. The land is primarily native prairie and is bisected by Apache Creek and its bottom land. The land sits in a protective valley with meandering creek bottom and is surrounded by unique rim rock formations. The views of the southern and western mountains are stunning and include Greenhorn Mountain and the Spanish Peaks.
- Accessibility: The ranch is in a rural and private location yet easily accessible to Interstate 25 between Walsenburg and Colorado City, Colorado. The ranch is accessed via a gravel county road which has electric service.
- Elevation: 5700-5750 Ft.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The land is located in Game Management Unit 128 which is a Plains Unit. Apache Creek and its water resources are a drawing card for wildlife and an active big game corridor in the area. The terrain, water resources, and forage on this land combine to create the ideal habitat for deer, antelope, and occasional elk. Both upland birds and waterfowl are also seen around the creek bottom area. Equestrians and ATV enthusiasts would love this property as there is room to ride and explore. The property would be ideal for a small horse or cattle ranch and a portion of the property is fenced already. There are no HOA’s or covenants applicable here so you can build what you want, when you want, or just build a barn first or park your RV and use the land. The Ranch is located 30 minutes from the San Isabel National Forest which offers diverse recreational opportunities including hiking, camping, hunting and fishing. The Forest exceeds 1 million acres in size.
- Water Rights: The property would allow for the drilling of a domestic well which allows an owner the right to use this water for in-house use, watering livestock and irrigation of up to 1 acre of land.
- Zoning and Taxes: AG – Taxes based on 2018 assessments were approximately $50 per year.
- Broker Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 719-963-2513