Askey Ranch – Classic Western Setting!
Location: Pueblo County, Colorado
Acreage: 520 Acres
Property Description: This ranch has loads of possibilities! Large and secluded acreage at the foothills to the mountains. Two homes, Quonset barn, milking barn, working corrals, and much more. Located on a maintained county road just southwest of Pueblo, Colorado. Could be a working ranch, recreational ranch, horse or hunting property or a combination of uses.
- Location: Pueblo County, Colorado
- Acreage: 520 Acres
- Price: $650,000
- Property Description: The Askey Ranch is a hidden gem in southern Colorado only a short drive from Pueblo, Colorado. Set in the foothills to the mountains, this scenic ranch has rolling pasture, wooded ridge and mesa terrain, old creek bottoms, and magnificent southern and western mountain views. The ranch has a very private setting at the end of a county maintained road but also has very easy and convenient year-round access.
- Elevation: 5,500 Ft.
- Improvements: The ranch setting includes two older homes in a quaint country setting among tall cottonwood trees. The original homestead built in 1900 is approximately 750 sq ft and the main home built in 1951 is approximately 925 sq. ft. These homes have been updated over the years but further upgrades and additions could be made according to a new owner’s needs. The property boasts an 1,800 square foot Quonset barn, old milking barn, pole barns and working corrals.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The property sits at the foothills to the San Isabel National Forest and the Wet Mountain Range. Elk, mule deer, and antelope move in and around the ranch and game have protective cover in the thickly wooded cedar hillsides. Creek bed areas and arroyos catch and hold water during snow and rain. Game sign, especially in the dry creek beds, is plentiful. There are also several stock ponds on the ranch as well. The property could easily be used for equestrian purposes using existing facilities with plenty of room to ride and explore. This ranch has excellent access on ranch roads and trails throughout the ranch by truck or ATV.
- Water Rights: The ranch has a state permitted domestic and stock well.
- Mineral Rights: Any rights owned by seller will be conveyed to buyer at closing.
- Income: The property has an excellent set-up to run a small cow/calf operation or other livestock such as sheep or goats. Presently, there is no livestock on the property or grazing leases.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural zoning. Taxes based on 2016 assessments are $940 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer or Bret Thompson
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131