River’s Edge Ranch
Location: Walsenburg, Colorado
Acreage: 480 +/- Acres
Property Description: Great value on old working ranch with 2,000+ square foot country home that has been completely renovated. Rolling grass prairie overlooking river bottom with frontage on the Cucharas River. Spectacular views of the western mountains. Great potential for cattle, horses, or other livestock. Lots of big game moving through this property including elk, deer and antelope.
- Location: Walsenburg, Colorado
- Acreage: 480 +/- Acres
- Price: $450,000
- Property Description: River’s Edge Ranch is located just east of Walsenburg, Colorado and offers many possibilities and value for its size. The ranch has been in the same family since it was originally homesteaded and has excellent access off a county road close to State Hwy 10. The land is gently rolling and rises up from the Cucharas River on to the surrounding prairie. There are majestic views of the Spanish Peaks, the Sangre De Cristo Range and Greenhorn Mountain. The land is a combination of rolling prairie and river bottom lands and has Cucharas River frontage. In addition, the Walsen Arroyo bisects the eastern portion of the ranch offering excellent cover and seasonal water resources for wildlife.
- Elevation: 6,000 Ft.
- Improvements: The ranch features a spacious 2,000 square foot home with 5 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths. It has a large country kitchen,eating area, and two separate family rooms for entertainment. The home is off grid and powered by an efficient solar system with a back-up generator. The house also includes an attached breezeway and mudroom with a two car garage and large attic storage area. The home has been recently renovated including new paint, flooring, counter tops, roofing and more.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The property has Cucharas River frontage and bottom lands with abundant hunting and recreational opportunities for the sporting enthusiast. Elk,deer and antelope are seen regularly on and around the property. Recent game camera activity showed active elk herds, large mule and whitetail deer and loads of turkey. The river bottom area provides good cover and water resources for upland bird and waterfowl activity including turkeys, dove, ducks and geese. The land is located in Game Management Unit 133 and would qualify for additional big game tags under the Landowner Preference Program. The ranch could easily be used for equestrian purposes with plenty of room to ride and explore. This property is short drive to Lathrop State Park, which is Colorado’s first state park. The park encompasses 1,600 acres of land with two lakes, boating, camping, and great fishing. Lathrop State Park is also the only state park that includes a 9 hole golf course.
- Water Rights: The ranch is served by a new well installed in 2012 which is solar powered and offers developed and consistent livestock water. An underground pipeline distributes water to 3 livestock tanks throughout the property. There are several seasonal pond collection areas that will typically hold water during spring and summer rains and there is river frontage on the Cucharas River.
- Mineral Rights: All mineral rights owned by seller will be conveyed to buyer at closing.
- Income: In recent years the ranch has been used for winter grazing pasture for cattle, however, it could sustain a small livestock operation on a year-round basis. Income from winter grazing generates $4,000 in yearly income. The property is fenced and cross-fenced and much of the fence is newly installed.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural zoning. Taxes based on 2016 assessments are $700 per year.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131