Binckley Gulch Overlook
Location: Fremont County, Colorado
Acreage: 196 Acres
Property Description: One of the most stunning mountain properties you will see in South Central Colorado. Perched on a wooded ridge this magnificent custom home has sweeping views of the Sangre De Cristo Range and Pikes Peak. Binckley Gulch Overlook could easily be used as a family property, corporate retreat, equestrian ranch, recreation, hunting lodge, second home or retirement.
- Location: Fremont County, Colorado
- Acreage: 196 Acres
- Price: $1,200,000
- Property Description: This spectacular mountain ranch is located only 30 minutes to Canon City, Colorado and 15 minutes to the Royal Gorge attractions and the Arkansas River. Colorado Springs and its commercial airport is only 90 minutes from the ranch. The land consists of 196 acres of rolling meadows and wooded ridge top which drops into rugged and picturesque canyon land. The property is comprised of two separate recorded parcels. Access to the property is off a quiet county maintained road only a short distance from pavement. A magnificent 5,000+ square foot custom home is tucked into the trees and overlooks wooded hills, meadows, and snow capped mountains. This unique contemporary ranch home offers an open lodge style concept with an expansive deck for entertaining friends and family. Binckley Gulch Overlook could easily be used as a family property, corporate retreat, equestrian ranch, hunting lodge, recreation, second home or retirement. There is no HOA or restrictive covenants. NOTE: Adjoining 299 acres is available for purchase with this property (See Binckley Gulch Hideout).
- Elevation: 8,400 feet
- Improvements: The custom ranch home was built in 2006 and carefully designed by the owners to maximize the tremendous views to the south and west. It has an open and spacious floor plan with a massive floor to ceiling fireplace in the great room. The modern gourmet kitchen was built for entertaining large groups and features granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances including a Sub-Zero refrigerator, Wolf gas cook top, U-Line wine and beverage cooler, and a Thermador double oven. The home layout consists of a main level kitchen, large pantry, laundry room, great room, master bedroom, two bathrooms and an office. The lower walkout level consists of a spacious bar and entertainment area with a sunken fire pit area, wine closet, 3 additional bedrooms and two bathrooms. An oversized garage fits several vehicles and ATV’s. The home has radiant in-floor heating, 3 fireplaces, and outstanding passive solar exposure.
- Wildlife and Recreation: The ranch is a recreational haven for many activities. Enjoy hiking, ATV use, camping, hunting, shooting, horseback riding and more. The ranch is in the heart of South Central Colorado. Day trip recreational attractions might include a visit to Cripple Creek or Salida, rafting or fly fishing on the Arkansas River or riding the Pikes Peak Cog or Royal Gorge Railroads. The slopes of Monarch Mountain are an easy drive for skiing in the winter time. Though it does not directly touch public lands it is only several miles to thousands of acres of BLM lands for further recreational activities.
- Water Rights: The property has two state permitted domestic wells.
- Zoning and Taxes: Agricultural Zoning. Taxes are $2,600 based on 2016 assessments.
- Contact: Jeff Switzer
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: (719) 471-3131